Tom Cruise Net Worth, Movies, Salary, Houses, Cars, Private Jet, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 8, 2018
When it comes to action movie stars of Hollywood, there is no bigger name than Tom Cruise. His status as one of the most popular movie actors in the world is well reflected in his net worth. Before we take a look at Tom Cruise net worth let’s know a little about the early life of this incredible movie star. Known for his good looks and spectacular action movies, Tom Cruise was born on 3rd July 1962 in Syracuse, New York. His mother, Mary Lee was a special education teacher, and his father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III was an electrical engineer. Tom Cruise grew up in poverty. He was raised as a Catholic. While growing up, Tom Cruise did not have a good relationship with his father who used to abuse him and beat him. In 1970’s the family of Tom Cruise moved to Canada. There he was enrolled in the Robert Hopkins Public School. He studied in that school in grade 4 and grade 5. Tom Cruise did his first drama role when he was in grade four. In 6th grade, Tom Cruise went to the Henry Munro Middle School. After that, he moved back to the United States with his mother.
Tom made his film debut from the film Endless Love which came out in the year 1981. He gained the superstar status after his role in 1986 classic, Top Gun. Since then, Tom Cruise has appeared in some of the most successful action movies of Hollywood. Mission: Impossible series of movies are synonymized with Tom Cruise because of the lead role that the actor has played in these movies and also because he was the producer of these movies. Tom Cruise net worth is a direct result of his amazing acting talent and his production career. Here are the details of his net worth, lifestyle, house, and cars.
Tom Cruise Net Worth
The Net Worth of Tom Cruise is $480 Million. He has earned his wealth from producing and acting in Hollywood movies. Mission Impossible series of movies are the most successful movies of his career.
Tom Cruise is without a doubt one of the most iconic names in modern cinema. Tom Cruise net worth is not just from his acting roles, it also from his production career. He has been a part of numerous highly successful movies and he is one of few actors to have 17 movies with total earnings of more than a $100 million.
Tom Cruise Movies
Tom Cruise has become so popular in the movie industry, that many people believe that having him in a movie would guarantee it to be a hit. The actor has been a part of many movies from a different genre. Here are the top 10 highest grossing films of the career of Tom Cruise.
- War of the Worlds – This fantasy thriller came out in 2005 and it got wonderful reviews from the audiences. Tom Cruise plays the role of a dad who is trying to save his family during an alien invasion. The movie won many awards and had total revenue of more than $234 million. It is the most successful movie of the career of Tom Cruise.
- Mission: Impossible II – Much of the Tom Cruise net worth is owed to the Mission: Impossible movie series. This amazing action series has made Tom Cruise what he is today. Tom Cruise is only the lead actor in the movie series but also the co-producer. So he has earned a lot of money from this movie series. Mission: Impossible II has been the second most successful movie of Tom’s career. It was released in 2000 and it earned $215 million.
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost protocol – This movie of the Mission: Impossible movie series came out in 2011 and it had total earnings of $209 million.
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation – It often happens with successful movie series that the first movie of a series is highly successful and then later parts of the series don’t do well. However, this is not the case with Mission: Impossible. All the movies of this series have been super-hit at the box office. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation which was released in 2015 earned $195 million during its time at the box office.
- Mission: Impossible – Released in 1996, Mission: Impossible changed everything for Tom Cruise. After the release of this mega-hit, the name Tom Cruise became synonymous with action movies. Mission: Impossible came out in 1996 and it earned $180 million from the theaters.
- Top Gun – Audience all over the world fell in love with Tom Cruise when this Airforce based movie came out in 1986. The movie had great reviews and made $179 million at the box office.
- Rain Man – Released in 1988, Rain Man featured Tom Cruise in the role of Charlie Babbitt. The movie had wonderful reviews and with earnings of $172 million, it is one of the most successful movies of Tom Cruise’s career.
- The Firm – Tom Cruise played the lead role of Mitch McDeere in this movie. The Firm was released in 1993 and had total revenues of around $158 million.
- Jerry Maguire – The movie came out in the year 1996 and earned $153 million during its time at the box office.
- A Few Good Men – This movie was released in the year 1992 and it had total earnings of around $141 million.
Some other great movies of the career of Tom Cruise include Vanilla Sky, Edge of Tomorrow, The Last Samurai, Minority Report, Oblivion, Eyes Wide Shut, The Color of Money, and Jack Reacher.
Tom Cruise Salary
Tom Cruise net worth is derived from his salary in different movies. He is one of the highest paid actors of all time. Here are the details of the earnings of Tom Cruise from different movies.
- Taps – This was one of the earliest movies of the career of Tom Cruise. The film was released in 1981 and the young actor got a salary of $50,000 in this movies. Surely, Tom Cruise had humble beginnings like many other actors. But went on to become one of the highest paid individuals in the world.
- Risky Business – This was another movie from the early career of Tom Cruise. The movie came out in the year 1983 and Tom Cruise earned $50,000 from this movie.
- Top Gun – This was the movie that made Tom Cruise a worldwide superstar. Tom Cruise not only earned a lot of fame from this movie but also earned $2 million from Top Gun.
- Rain man – This movie came out in 1988. By then Tom Cruise was already a superstar and his salary had reached millions of dollars. The actor received a salary of $3 million in this film.
- Days of Thunder – This movie came out in 1990 and Tom Cruise earned $9 million from the movie.
- A Few Good Men – During the 1990s Tom Cruise was one of the most in-demand actors of Hollywood. Almost every director wanted to cast him in his movie. Tom Crusie received a salary of $12.5 million in A Few Good Men which was released in 1992.
- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles – This movie was released in 1994. And Tom Crusie salary in this movie was an impressive $15 million.
- Mission: Impossible – Tom Cruise was not only the lead actor in the mission impossible series of movies, he was also the co-producer. The earnings of Tom Cruise from each of the Mission: Impossible series of movies are more than what many mainstream actors earn throughout their career. Tom Cruise earned around $70 million from Mission: Impossible which was released in the year 1996.
- Mission: Impossible III – The earnings of Tom Cruise from Mission: Impossible III were around $75 million. It was released in 2006. Earnings of Tom Cruise from other movies of ‘Mission: Impossible’ series were equally impressive.
- Valkyrie – Valkyrie came out in 2008. And Tom Cruise was in the lead cast of the movie. He earned $20 million for his role in the movie.
Tom Cruise House
Tom Cruise has a number of houses in different parts of the US. The actor utilizes these properties frequently as he gets to travel a lot. However, his main residence is in Beverly Hills, California. The market value of this luxurious property is around $40 million. The house features a swimming pool, and tennis court and is surrounded by plenty of trees and greenery.
In addition to his house in Beverly Hills, Tom Cruise also owns a house in Colorado and a Condo in New York. The estimated price of his Colorado house is $30 million and that of the New York condo is around $3 million.
Tom Cruise Cars
Being one of the most successful action movie stars, you would expect Tom Cruise to have one of the coolest car collections. And he does not disappoint. Here is the list of cars in Tom Cruise cars collection.
- Porsche 911
- Bugatti Veyron
- Mercedes CLK
- Chevy Chevelle SS
Tom Cruise Private Jet
When it comes to traveling long distance, Tom Cruise has covered that as well. The multi-millionaire actor has a got a Gulfstream IV private jet. The price tag of this state of the art aircraft is around $36 million. Its maximum range is 7,820 kilometers and it can reach speeds up to Mach 0.80.
Tom Cruise is without any doubt, the biggest action movie star in the world. And this fact is very well depicted by the Tom Cruise net worth. The way Tom Cruise is continuing to rake up successful movies, it doesn’t seem unlikely that Tom Cruise might end up being a billionaire in next few years.