Robert Redford Net Worth, Career, Movies, Salary, House, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 8, 2018
Robert Redford is a highly successful American actor. Other than being an actor he is also a producer, a businessman, an environmentalist, and a philanthropist. Robert Redford has been a part of Hollywood for 5 decades. he started his acting career in the 1960’s and since then he has given many memorable performances. He has also started a number of new initiatives. He is the founder of Sundance Film Festival as well. Today Robert Redford net worth is one of the highest among actors and he is recognized as one of the legends of the industry.
Robert Redford Net Worth
The total net worth of Robert Redford is around $170 million. This massive net worth is a result of more than 5 decades of hard work and consistency. Robert Redford has diversified his sources of income and now he also earns through his investments and businesses.
The extraordinary success of Robert Redford in the film industry has not only resulted in some huge wealth and massive fame for the actor, it has also brought the actor many awards. The actor has been able to win an Academy Award as well as multiple Golden Globe Awards and other during his career. Other than that he has also been nominated for a number of Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and Emmy Awards in his career.
Robert Redford Movies
Robert Redford has shown his acting skills and talent through his movies over the course of the past 5 decades. The actor has been a part of some of the most successful Hollywood movies as well as some Hollywood classics. This has lead to a huge Robert Redford net worth. Here are the top ten highest grossing films of the career of Robert Redford.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – The most successful movie of the career of Robert Redford has been the 2014 superhero flick Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The movie made more than $259 million during its time at the box office. Robert Redford played the role of Alexander Pierce in this movie.
- The Sting – This was a highly successful action movie of the year 1973. Robert Redford played the lead role of Johnny Hooker in this movie. The total earnings from the movie amounted to $156 million.
- Indecent Proposal – Released in 1993, Indecent Proposal was a romantic drama film. The cast of the movie included big names like Robert Redford, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, Oliver Patt, and Seymour Cassel. The movie did well at the box office and had total earnings of around $106 million.
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid – This is one of the earliest films of the career of Robert Redford. It came out in the year 1969. The total revenues from the movie were a little more than $102 million.
- Out of Africa – This movie was released in the year 1985. Featuring A-List actors like Meryl Streep, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Robert Redford, and Michael Kitchen, the movie did really well and made more than $87 million.
- Charlotte’s Web – Robert Redford also did some voice over acting and provided his voice for the 2006 children’s literature film Charlotte’s Web. The earnings from the film amounted to $82 million.
- Pete’s Dragon – Pete’s Dragon came out in 2106. Robert Redford appeared in the lead role of Lampie in this movie. The total earnings from this family adventure film were around $76 million.
- The Horse Whisperer – This romantic film was released in the year 2016. It featured Robert Redford in the lead character of Tom Booker. Scarlett Johansson, Kristin Scott Thomas, Sam Neill, Dianne Wiest, and Kate Bosworth were also a part of this movie. The total revenues from the movie were a little more than $75 million.
- All the President’s Men – This drama thriller movie came out in the year 1976. It featured renowned actors like Dustin Hoffman, Robert Redford, Jason Robards, Jack Warden, Hal Holbrook, Martin Balsam, Meredith Baxter, and Frank Wills. The movie did well at the box office and managed to earn around $70 million during its time at the box office.
- Spy Game – Released in 2001, Spy Game was a reasonably successful film with total earnings of around $62 million.
Other than these highly successful movies, the actor has also been a part of The Electric Horseman (1979), Sneakers (1992), Up Close and Personal (1996), A Bridge Too Far (1977), Legal Eagles (1986), The Natural (1984), and Lions for Lambs (2007).
Robert Redford Salary
The salary details of Robert Redford reveal how the Robert Redford net worth grew over the years. Here are the details of his salary in some of his movies.
- War Hunt – This is one of the earliest movies of the career of Robert Redford. It was released in 1962. Robert Redford received a salary of only $500 for his role in this movie.
- The Sting – This movie came out in the year 1973. It is one of the most successful movies of the career of Robert Redford. The earnings of Robert Redford from this movie were around $0.5 Million million.
- A Bridge Too Far – This movie was released in 1977 and by then Robert Redford had established himself as one of the best Hollywood actors. His salary from this movie was $2 million.
- The Electric Horseman – Released in 1979 this movie added $3.5 million in terms of salary to the account of Robert Redford.
- Out of Africa – The salary of Robert Redford in this 1985 film was $6 million.
- Indecent proposal – Released in 1993, this was a highly successful movie. Robert Redford not only received a salary of $5 million from this movie but he also received a 15% of gross earnings from this movie.
- The Last Castle – As you can see the trend for Robert Redford salary over the years, the actor had a continuous increase in salary. The salary of Robert Redford in this 2001 movie was a huge $11 million.
Robert Redford House
The actor owns a number of highly luxurious properties in different parts of the US. One of his most luxurious properties is located in Malibu. The cost of this luxury residence is around $15 million. This beautiful residence features a Gaming Room, a Home Office, a Sauna, and a Jacuzzi.
Robert Redford has had a wonderful career full of fame, glamour and wealth. The actor has already seen the prime time of his career. And it is expected that the growth of Robert Redford net worth will slow down in the coming years.