Richard Gere Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements, House, Cars, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 10, 2018
Richard Gere Introduction
Richard Gere was born on 31st August 1949 in Pennsylvania, United States. He is a professional actor. Before we take a look at Richard Gere net worth, it would be worth it to know a little about his early life and his career. Richard Gere’s father, Homer George Gere was an insurance agent and his mother, Doris Ann was a housewife. Richard Gere graduated from the North Syracuse Central High School in 1967. During his time at the high school, he excelled at music and gymnastics. His favorite instrument was the trumpet. After high school, he went to the University of Massachusetts Amherst and studied philosophy. However, he did not graduate and left the university after two years.
Richard Gere started his acting career from theater plays. He appeared in a number of theater plays before making his film debut. He started appearing the Hollywood movies in the 1970’s. Since then Richard Gere has appeared in many different movies and has emerged as one of the biggest movie stars in the world.
Richard Gere Net Worth
The net worth of Richard Gere is $100 million. Most of his wealth can be credited to his lucrative movie salaries and various brand endorsement deals.
When it comes to romantic comedies, Richard Gere is considered to be the king of the genre in Hollywood. He has featured in many highly successful romantic comedies including Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, and Shall We Dance. In addition, he has appeared in movies of other genres as well and has had a lot of success.
Richard Gere Movies
Richard Gere has been a part of many highly successful Hollywood movies. In order to know more about the Richard Gere net worth,
- Pretty Woman – Pretty Woman is by far the most popular movie of Richard Gere’s career. This romantic comedy was released in 1990 and it made the audiences around the world fall in love with Richard Gere. This movie was quite successful at the box office as well and it is the highest earning movie of Richard Gere’s movie career. The movie made $178,406,269 during its time at the box office.
- Chicago – This comedy film was released in the year 2002 and it made $170,687,518 in gross revenues.
- Runaway Bride – This is another popular romantic comedy featuring Richard Gere. It was released in 1999 and it made $152,257,509 during its time at the box office.
- An Officer and a Gentleman – The movie was released in the year 1982. It was quite successful at the box office with total earnings of $129,795,554.
- Shall We Dance – The movie was released in 2004 and it had total revenues of $57,890,460.
- Primal Fear – This mystery, thriller was released in the year 1996 and it earned $56,116,183.
- The Jackal – Richard Gere featured in this action, thriller of 1997. He played the role of Declan Mulqueen. The total earnings from the movie were $54,930,280.
- Unfaithful – This 2002 movie was another successful movie of Richard Gere’s career. The movie made $52,775,765 during its time in theaters.
- Sommersby – This romantic drama film of the year 1993 featured Richard Gere in the lead role. The movie earned mixed reviews from the audiences and got total earnings of $50,081,992.
- Nights in Rodanthe – This 2008 movie featured Richard Gere as Dr. Paul Flanner. The movie had total earnings of $41,850,659.
Other successful movies of the career of Richard Gere include First Knight, Autumn in New York, The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Mothman Prophecies, Internal Affairs, Final Analysis, The Cotton Club, Brooklyn’s Finest, Intersection, Movie 43, Breathless, and Amelia. Richard Gere net worth is a result of his roles in these and many other movies.
Richard Gere Salary
Being one of the most talented, charming, and versatile actor, Richard Gere charges huge amounts of money for being in a movie. Here are the Richard Gere salary details in various movies:
- Sommersby – Richard Gere charged $5 million for being a part of this movie.
- Intersection – The movie was released in the year 1994. Richard Gere got a salary of $7 million in this movie.
- Runaway Bride – This is one of the most successful movies of Richard Gere’s career. It was super hit on the box office and Richard Gere’s earnings from the movie were a well deserved $13 million.
- The Mothman Prophecies – Richard Gere received a huge salary of $15 million in this 2002 movie.
- Unfaithful – The salary of Richard Gere in this 2002 movie was $15 million.
As you can see Richard Gere net worth is primarily a result of his astonishing salaries in different movies.
Richard Gere Endorsement Deals
Being one of the hottest actors in Hollywood, Richard Gere has had his fair share of brand endorsement deals. The actor has endorsed a number of brands during his career. Some of these are listed below:
- Orangina – A French carbonated beverage.
- Lancia Delta – Car
- KappAhl – Women’s department store
Although the main source of earning for Richard Gere has always been his movie earnings, the brand endorsements have had some impact on the Richard Gere net worth.
Richard Gere House
Richard Gere has a wonderful house in Long Island, New York. The house spreads on a total area of 6.3 acres. The main building of the property has 12 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms. The property has vast gardens, about 300 feet bay frontage, 2 guesthouses, several garages, basketball court, and a gym. The wonderfully luxurious property also has a 60 feet long heated pool.
Richard Gere Cars
Richard Gere net worth is enough for the actor to buy as many luxurious vehicles as he likes. The actor currently has some pretty good rides including the Audi RS 6. The price tag of this mid-sized sports-focused executive car is $60,000.
Richard Gere Net Worth Compared to Other Hollywood Actors
Richer Gere net worth is higher than many Hollywood actors including, Gerard Butler, Tom Hardy, Nicolas Cage, Antonio Banderas, Kevin Sapcey, Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, Edward Norton, Russell Crowe, and Christian Bale. On the other hand, the actors who have a higher net worth than Richard Gere include, Al Pacino, Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman, Jack Nicholson, and Sean Connery.
Richard Gere has already seen the golden era of his career and now the growth in Richard Gere net worth is not that high. However, the actor is still continuing to be featured in the Hollywood movies and his net worth is expected to grow further in the coming years.