Meg Ryan Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements, Houses, Cars, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 10, 2018
Meg Ryan Introduction
Meg is a renowned American actress, producer, and director. She was born on 19th November 1961 in Connecticut, United States. Her father Harry Hyra was a math teacher and her mother Susan Jordan was an actress and an English teacher. Meg Ryan attended the St. Plus X Elementary School in her hometown, Fairfield. She graduated from the Bethel High School in the year 29179. After that, she studied journalism at the University of Connecticut. Later on, she went to the New York University for the same undergraduate degree in journalism. Meg Ryan started her acting career when she was in college. She appeared in various television commercials.
During college, she did acting only to earn some extra money. However, Meg Ryan proved to be very talented at acting and she had the right personality for the job. She became quite successful at acting and she decided to drop out of college one semester before her graduation so that she can pursue acting. Meg Ryan has appeared in a number of High profile Hollywood movies including Top Gun, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, and City of Angles. This successful movie career has resulted in impressive Meg Ryan net worth, the details of which you can read below.
Meg Ryan Net Worth
The net worth of Meg Ryan is $45 million. Meg Ryan started her acting career in the 1980’s and soon became one of the top Hollywood actresses in the 1990’s. She did many big budget movies during her career and became one of the highest paid actresses of her time.
Meg Ryan has been featured in many movies. However, her super cute looks coupled with soft personality made her a perfect fit for the romantic movies. And she became one of the most wanted actresses for romantic movies during the 1990s. The best romantic movies of Meg Ryan’s movie career include When Harry Met Sally, The City of Angels, and Sleepless in Seattle.
Meg Ryan Movies
Meg Ryan has had a long career in Hollywood and the actress has scored some pretty huge movies during the prime time of her career. Here are the 10 highest grossing films of Meg Ryan’s career:
- Top Gun – This 1986 classic action film remains to be the most successful movie of Meg Ryan’s career. The movie starred Meg Ryan, Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Tom Skerritt, and Anthony Edwards. This movie did quite well on the box office with total earnings of $179,800,601. The movie was an incredible hit and it continues to be one of the most popular Hollywood movies of all time.
- Sleepless in Seattle – This romantic comedy came out in the year 1996 and it is a huge highlight of Meg Ryan’s career. This is also the second highest earning movie in which Meg Ryan has appeared. The total earnings from the movie were $112,680,884.
- You’ve Got Mail – The movie was released in the year 1998 and it had total earnings of $115,821,495.
- When Harry Met Sally – This romantic comedy was released in the year 1989 and it resulted in total earnings of $92,823,546.
- City of Angels – This is another movie of Meg Ryan’s career that become one of the most popular Hollywood movies. This romantic fantasy came out in the year 1998 and it earned $78,685,114.
- Courage Under Fire – The movie was released in the year 1996 and it ended up earning $59,031,057 during its time at the box office.
- When a Man Loves a Woman – This movie was released in the year 1994 and it had total gross earnings of 50,021,959.
- Kate and Leopold – The movie was released in the year 2001. It was moderately successful on the box office with total earnings of $47,121,859.
- Joe Versus the Volcano – The movie was released in the year 1990. The total lifetime gross earnings were $39,404,261 for this movie.
- French Kiss – This 1995 romantic comedy film grossed $38,896,854 on the box office.
As you can see, the movie career of Meg Ryan has been quite successful and it has played a critical in huge Meg Ryan net worth. Other popular movies of Meg Ryan’s career include Proof of Life, The Women, Innerspace, Hanging Up, The Presidio, D.O.A, and Against the Ropes.
Meg Ryan Salary
Meg Ryan has been quite successful in raking up high paying movies during her career. Here are the details of Meg Ryan Salary in different movies:
- I.Q. – This romantic comedy of early 90’s contributed $5 million to Meg Ryan net worth. This is a pretty impressive amount for that time.
- City of Angels – This was one of the most memorable and most successful romantic movies of Hollywood. It came out in the year 1998 and the salary of Meg Ryan in this movie was $8.5 million.
- You’ve Got Mail – Meg Ryan’s earnings from this 1998 movie were $10.5 million.
- Proof of Life – Meg Ryan made $15 million from this action thriller. The movie came out in the year 2000.
- Kate & Leopold – The salary of Meg Ryan in this 2001, romantic comedy was around $15 million.
Meg Ryan Endorsement Deals
Meg Ryan is one of those actresses who started their career from television commercials. So Meg Ryan started appearing in different television commercials even before she was famous. After becoming a leading Hollywood actress, Meg Ryan Endorsement deals grew over time and she became one of the most wanted Hollywood celebrities. Here is the list of brands that Meg Ryan has endorsed:
- Burger King
- Aim Toothpaste
- Campbell’s Soup
Meg Ryan House
Meg Ryan has a beautiful luxury house in Martha’s Vineyard, in Massachusetts. This house provides an excellent natural environment to the renowned Hollywood actress as there is plenty of greenery and trees around the house. The beautiful mansion provides magnificent natural views from almost all the rooms. The interior of the house is quite elegant and reflects the overall personality of Meg Ryan.
Meg Ryan net worth has also allowed the actress to buy a wonderful loft in the New York City. According to details, the price of the loft is around $8 million. The total area of the loft is around 4,000 square feet. It was 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
Meg Ryan Cars
Although Meg Ryan net worth is capable of buying the actress many luxury cars, the actress has settled on Mercedes-Benz R-350. This Mercedes vehicle having a design that seems in between an SUV and a Sedan looks quite elegant and in white color, it compliments the overall personality of Meg Ryan. The price of the vehicle is around $53,000.
Meg Ryan Net Worth Compared to Other Hollywood Actresses
Upon making a comparison of Meg Ryan net worth with that of other renowned actresses in the world, we find that Meg Ryan net worth falls in the middle range category. She has almost the same net worth as Catherine Zeta-Jones. Meg Ryan has a higher net worth than Katherine Heigl and Megan Fox. The actresses who have a higher net worth than Meg Ryan include Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet, Charlize Theron, Cameron Diaz, Sandra Bullock, and Scarlett Johansson.
Meg Ryan has seen the prime time of her acting career in the 1990’s and early 2000’s. And this was the time that the wealth of the actress grew considerably. Now, we can expect a gradual decrease in the Meg Ryan net worth, unless the actress manages to sustain her current wealth with investments or by landing some lucrative movie roles.