Kevin Spacey Net Worth, Earnings, Salary, Lifestyle, House, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 8, 2018
Kevin Spacey Net Worth
Kevin Spacey is an American actor who has appeared in a number of Hollywood movies. Many of his movies have done well at the box office. In addition, Kevin is also a director, producer, and a comedian. Before we look at the Kevin Spacey net worth, let’s know a little about this amazing actor. Kevin Spacey was born on 26 July 1959 in New Jersey, United States. After completing his high school, Kevin enrolled into Julliard School in New York in order to study drama.
Kevin Spacey had an interest in acting and performing arts since his teen years. During his time at the Chatsworth High School, he starred in “The Sound of Music,” a senior production of the high school. In this musical play, Kevin played the part of Captain Georg von Trapp. One of the things that confuse many people about Kevin Spacey is his last name, Spacey. It is the middle name of Kevin and he adopted this name as his stage name.
Before becoming a professional actor, Kevin tried his luck as a standup comedian for a few years. He used to perform stand-up comedy in the bowling alley talent contests. After that Spacey acted in a number of stage dramas. Soon, Kevin Spacey became popular as a talented young actor. He quickly made his name in the live theatre, television and finally in the film industry.
Today Kevin Spacey is one of the most successful Hollywood actors. He also regularly appears in different television series. He has also shown his skills as a singer, director, and producer. He has also starred in the famous Netflix series “House of Cards.” His successful career in Hollywood and television has earned him an impressive amount of wealth and Kevin Spacey worth has increased a lot in last few years. So without any delay, let’s take a look at the Kevin Spacey Net Worth.
What is Kevin Spacey Net Worth?
The Net Worth of Kevin Spacey is an impressive $80 Million. The versatile actor has accumulated this huge net worth via his roles in super hit movies like the American Beauty, L.A. Confidential, and The Usual Suspects. His role in the Netflix series “House of Cards” has also helped him a great deal in developing this massive wealth.
It does not come as a surprise that Kevin Spacey Net worth is in tens of millions of dollars. The actor has consistently worked hard over the years to become one of the most popular Hollywood celebrities. The wealth of most of the Hollywood celebrities is primarily because of their roles in movies. However, with Kevin Spacey it is a different story. The actor has proven himself in live theater, movies, and television. So his wealth is mostly derived from his roles in movies and television series. His role in the popular Netflix series “House of Cards” has made him one of the most popular actors on the Internet. And this has also helped him a great deal in accumulating a huge net worth. Let’s take a look at some of the movies of Kevin Spacey that have done well at the box office.
Kevin Spacey Movies
The highly talented and experienced Hollywood actor has starred in 48 different movies that have done a business of more than $3 Billion in total. Here are the top ten most popular movies in which Kevin Spacey has acted, along with the year of release and their total earnings on the box office:
- Superman Returns – Released in 2006 – This movie grossed the most $200,081,192 on the box office.
- American Beauty – Released in 1999 – The American Beauty earned $130,096,601 in total.
- Horrible Bosses – Released in 2011 – This comedy movie grossed $117,538,559.
- A Time to Kill – Released in 1996 – The movie earned $108,766,007 during its lifetime.
- Seven – Released in 1995 – This classic mystery, thriller was very successful and grossed a huge $100,125,643.
- 21 – Released in 2008 – This action/adventure film did a business of $81,159,365 on the box office.
- Fred Claus – Released in 2007 – Fred Claus did a total business of $72,006,777.
- Outbreak – Released in 2005 – Outbreak had total earnings of $67,659,560.
- L.A. Confidential – Released in 1997 – $64,616,940 was the total earnings of L.A Confidential.
- Horrible Bosses 2 – Released in 2014 – Horrible Bosses 2 was the second part of the highly successful 2011 comedy movie. Although it did not reach the same level of success as the part 1, it did manage to earn a decent $54,445,357.
Kevin Spacey has also produced a few movies. These include:
- Captain Phillips – Released in 2013, it was a highly successful movie. It earned a total of $107,100,855. Kevin Spacey was the executive producer of this movie.
- Safe – This 2012 movie earned $17,142,080. Spacey was the executive producer of the movie.
- Mini’s First Time – The movie came out in 2006 and failed to make much impact and only grossed $49,034.
The massive earnings from these movies give a really good idea of how Kevin Spacey net worth increased due to his amazing performances in these movies.
Kevin Spacey Television
Over the years, Kevin Spacey has appeared in a number of Television series. These include:
- The Equalizer – 1987
- Crime Story – 1987
- The Murder of Mary Phagan – 1988
- Wiseguy – 1988
- Unsub – 1989
- L.A. Law – 1992
- Tribeca – 1993
- Doomsday Gun – 1994
- Freedom: A History of US – 2003
- Gorilla School – 2010 – Kevin Spacey was a Narrator in this series.
- American Masters – 2012 – He was a Narrator in this series as well.
- The Colbert Report – 2014 –
- Nature is Speaking – 2014 –
- Race for the White House – 2016 – He was a Narrator in this Television documentary series.
Kevin Spacey Netflix:
Kevin Spacey has a major role in the famous Netflix series “House of Cards.” Being a leading actor of this highly popular series, Kevin Spacey has a pretty impressive contract. According to reports, in 2014 Kevin Spacey had a salary of $6.5 million for a single season. This takes his per episode earnings to an impressive half a million dollars. However, in 2015, and 2016 the per episode salary of Kevin Spacey has increased compared to 2014. And according to some reports, the actor was making approximately a million dollars per episode of House of Cards.
Kevin Spacey Lifestyle
Kevin Spacey is quite a private person and he likes to keep his family life and other aspects of his personal life away from the limelight of media. He has never been married and does not have any children. The actor likes to spend his wealth on social causes. In 2010 he set up the Kevin Spacey Foundation in the UK. He launched his foundation in the US in 2013. The aim of the foundation is to nurture talented actors via education, workshops, scholarships, and grants. In 2003, Kevin became the artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London.
Kevin spends most of his time in London, New York and, California. This means that the actor has quite a busy schedule and travels quite frequently. In his spare time, he likes to jog and do yoga in order to keep himself fit and healthy. When it comes to sports, Spacey is a big fan of Professional Wrestling. The talented actor is also great at mimicking other people and has shown this talent on a number of occasions.
Kevin Spacey House
The Hollywood star has lived in the United Kingdom for a number of years. He has stated on a number of occasions that London is like his home. The renowned actor has a house near the Old Vic Theater in London. He also used to live in Los Angeles. According to reports, the worth of his LA house was a huge $15 million. This 6,595 Square feet property has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Surely the actor knows how to live in style.
Today Kevin Spacey is one of the most successful actors in the movies as well as on television. And with his success in the House of Cards, the actor is likely to see many more roles in movies, in television series, and in internet series for Netflix and maybe other brands as well. So the Kevin Spacey net worth is likely to increase in future and the actor can become one of the richest actors of all time.