Hugh Jackman Net Worth, Salary, Investments, Endorsements, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 8, 2018
Hugh Jackman Introduction
Hugh Jackman was born on 12th October 1968 in Sydney, Australia. He was born to English parents who had settled in Australia in 1967. When Hugh Jackman was 8 years old his parents divorced. His mother moved to England with his two sisters, while Hugh Jackman stayed in Australia with his father and two brothers. Hugh Jackman liked to stay outdoors during his childhood and he spent a lot of time on the beach. He wanted to travel the world and explore nature. Hugh Jackman attended the primary school at the Pymble Public School. After that, he attended the Knox Grammar School in Sydney. During his school years, he appeared in few musical plays including ‘My Fair Lady’.
Hugh Jackman graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with BA, Communications degree. He was involved in the drama scene during his university years as well. After doing his BA, Hugh Jackman developed quite an interest in acting and he enrolled in a one-year course at Sydney’s ‘Actors Centre’. Then the talented actor attended the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts of the Edith Cowan University, Perth. He graduated from the university in the year 1994.
Hugh Jackman started his professional acting career with a role in the Australian drama series ‘Correlli’. Then he did stage plays in Melbourne for a few years. Hugh Jackman started his film career in the year 1998 and amazed the film directors and crowds with his amazing performances. Since then the actor has appeared in a number of movies including the X-Men series of movies. Through his excellent acting skills, he has emerged as one of the most successful Hollywood actors. His amazing work has translated well in his overall wealth and lifestyle. Today the Hugh Jackman net worth is one of the highest among the actors around the world. Here are the details of Hugh Jackman net worth and how he earned it.
Hugh Jackman Net Worth
The net worth of Hugh Jackman is $150 Million. Much of his net worth can be credited to his roles in the famous X-Men series of movies. He has starred in many other popular movies as well, including Les Miserables, The Wolverine, Swordfish, Real Steel, The Fountain, The Prestige, and Van Helsing.
Hugh Jackman net worth is large because of his massively successful X-Men movies. The X-Men is one of the most successful movie series. The charismatic actor stars as Wolverine in the X-Men movies and has earned a lot of praise for his role in the movies. According to Forbes, Hugh Jackman was the third highest paid celebrity in the world in the year 2013. The actor also has his own production company by the name of Seed Productions which he initiated with his friend John Palermo in the year 2013. Today Hugh Jackman is one of the most recognized faces of Hollywood and he has starred in popular movies like The Prestige, Real Steel, Swordfish, The Fountain, and X-Men Series of Movies.
Hugh Jackman Movies
Hugh Jackman has appeared in more than 25 movies and many television series. The actor has also shown his voice acting skills in a couple of movies. Here are the earnings of the movies in which Hugh Jackman has featured in:
- X-Men: The Last Stand – This is the highest grossing movie of the X-Men series as well as the highest grossing movie in which Hugh Jackman has starred in. The movie was released in the year 2006 and it earned more than $234 Million.
- X-Men Days of Future – This X Men movie came out in the year 2014 and it grossed a pretty good $233 Million on the box office.
- X2: X-Men United – The movie was released in the year 2003 and it earned about $214 Million.
- Happy Feat – This animated comedy was released in the year 2006. Hugh Jackman did voice-over acting in this movie and the movie earned $198 Million on the box office.
- The Prestige – The prestige is a highly popular movie that was very well received by the critics and audiences. The movie revolves around two brothers who are magicians. Though the movie was highly popular and received great reviews, it did not do as well at the box office. But still, it ended up earning a reasonable $53 million.
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine – This was another highly successful movie from the X Men series. The movie was released in the year 2009 and it ended up earning a pretty good $179 Million.
- X-Men – This was the first movie of the X-Men series. This is from where the rise of Hugh Jackman really started. The movie was released in the year 2000 and it earned a pretty good $54 Million.
- Les Miserables – This 2012 movie starring Hugh Jackman earned a pretty impressive $148 Million.
- The Wolverine – The Wolverine was one of the most successful movies of the year 2013. It grossed $132 Million.
- Van Helsing – This fantasy thriller was released in the year 2004 and it earned approximately $120 Million.
- Rise of the Guardians – Hugh Jackman did voice-over acting in this animated fantasy film of 2012. The movie earned a pretty good $103 Million during its time at the box office.
- Real Steel – This science fiction sports film came out in the year 2011. It was very well received by the audiences around the world. The movie earned a pretty cool $85 Million.
- Swordfish – Released in the year 2011, Swordfish ended up earning more than $69 Million during its time at the box office.
- Flushed Away – This 2006 animated comedy featuring Hugh Jackman was released in the year 2006 and it grossed an impressive $64 Million on the box office.
- Prisoners – The movie was released in the year 2013 and it had total earnings of $61 Million.
- Australia – Released in the year 2008, this romantic drama earned an impressive $49 million.
- Kate and Leopold – The movie came out in 2001 and it did well in terms of earnings of $47 million.
- Pan – This 2015 movie starred Hugh Jackman as Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard. He was a notorious pirate in the 17th The movie had great reviews and it earned a total of $35 million.
- Chappie – This action thriller came out in 2015 and it made $31 Million during its time at the box office.
- Someone Like You – The movie was released in 2001 and it grossed an impressive $27 million.
- Eddie the Eagle – This comedy flick hit the big screen on 26th February 2016 and it made $15 million.
- Scoop – The movie was released in the year 2006 and it earned $10 million.
- The Fountain – This movie did not do as well at the box office as it was expected to. The movie came out on 22nd November 2006 and grossed about $10 million as its lifetime earnings.
- Deception – This 2008 movie had total earnings of about $4.5 million
- Butter – The movie was released in the year 2012 and it was a big flop with total earnings of only $0.1 million.
In addition to playing a major role in these movies, Hugh Jackman has also given cameo performances in X-Men: Apocalypse, X-Men First Class, Movie 43, and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
Hugh Jackman Salary
One of the major questions that you must be having by now is how much salary does Hugh Jackman take in his movies? Well, according to reports Hugh Jackman got $9 million for his role in the 2011 movie Real Steel. He earned $2 million for his role in another 2011 movie Butter. And he earned a further $1.5 million from his role in the 2011 movie Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. This goes on to show how much the actor is capable of earning in a single year. And these are not his highest salaries. The actor has received the highest amount of salaries in the X-Men series of movies. According to reports Hugh Jackman’s salary in the 2009 movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine was about $20 million. These huge salaries are a major factor behind the impressive Hugh Jackman net worth.
Hugh Jackman Investments
In addition to being a very highly talented actor, Hugh Jackman is also a very smart businessman. He has invested in a number of different businesses over the years. The smart investments and business deals have a big role to play in the impressive Hugh Jackman net worth today.
According to reports, the actor has made huge investments in properties around the world. The X-Men star has bought properties in Gold Coast, Melbourne, London, and New York. It was also reported in the year 2011 that the actor was interested in investing in the Norwich City Football Club in England. According to some reports, Hugh Jackman was aiming to step into Bollywood, the Indian Film Industry. The actor was in contact with the Mumbai based Reliance Entertainment for a probable investment in Bollywood.
Hugh Jackman Coffee Brand
According to some reports, Hugh Jackman also started his own brand of coffees and has a café in the New York City that offers the coffee brand to the customers. It was reported, that the actor was not taking anything from the profits and the profits from the coffee business were going to one of his foundations that he had started to fund education and entrepreneurship programs in the underprivileged communities in different parts of the world.
Hugh Jackman Investment in ‘Balance’
In the year 2012, Hugh Jackman invested in ‘Balance’ a beverage brand. It is a non-flavored beverage that is bottled locally in New York, Sydney, and Germany. The beverage brand uses the wild harvested Australian flowers into its main products i.e. Travel, Digest, Refresh, Relax, and Mind. The beverage is quite similar in benefits and function to some herbal teas, but it is without any flavor.
Hugh Jackman Investment in RM Williams
In 2015, Hugh Jackman invested in RM Williams, a renowned Australian brand. The brand retails clothes and leather goods. The company in its official statement announced that it was proud to have Hugh Jackman as a shareholder. However, the amount of investment made by Hugh Jackman in RM Williams wasn’t disclosed. Hugh Jackman had his first interactions with this iconic brand in 2008, during the shooting of the movie Australia. The RM Williams had provided outfits for the movie.
Hugh Jackman Endorsements
When you are as big a star as Hugh Jackman, you obviously get many opportunities to represent some of the world’s best brands and earn some hefty amount of money in return. The renowned Hollywood star has had an endorsement deal with Qantas as the global ambassador. According to the official press release by Qantas, the national carrier of Australia, the airline had joined hands with Hugh Jackman in an effort to promote Australia and Australians on the global stage. Here is Hugh Jackman talking about his partnership with Qantas.
Hugh Jackman Production Company
Hugh Jackman started his own production company in the year 2005. The Hollywood actor teamed up with John Palermo, his longtime friend and assistant, in order to start the company. The company was named Seed Productions. The first project of Seed Production was Viva Laughlin in the year 2007. Deborra-Lee Furness, the wife of Hugh Jackman is also involved in this production company. The company was associated with the 20th Century Fox.
Hugh Jackman Lifestyle
Hugh Jackman has a pretty busy and luxurious lifestyle. The actor gets to travel around the world. He frequently visits the US, the UK, and other countries for work-related activities and for vacations. The actor currently resides in Melbourne Australia with his wife Deborra-Lee Furness who herself is an actress. The couple has two adopted children namely Ava Eliot and Oscar Maximilian. Hugh Jackman met Deborra-Lee Furness quite early in his career in the year 1995. The couple met during the making of ‘Correlli’, an Australian television show.
Hugh Jackman Work Out Group
The actor loves to work out in the gym. In order to make sure that he gets the best out of his workouts and to socialize, he assembled a group of 14 guys who regularly work out with him. These are not just your everyday fitness enthusiasts; these are some of the most successful people in their fields. This group is known as “DogPound”. The group includes the following 14 individuals:
- Matt Targett – He is a Strategic Partner Manager at Google. He was also an Olympic Swimmer for Australia.
- Dawin Pena – David Panna is the president of the Kirk Myers Fitness & Personal Trainers
- David Uyttendaele – He is the CTO and Co-Founder of mimeo.com.
- Hugh Jackman – The renowned Hollywood actor famous for his role as Wolverine in the X-Men movies.
- Breylis Penna – He is a fitness trainer.
- John O’Neil – He is a Corporate Partner in a private fund group.
- Tom Farley – He is the president of the New York Stock Exchange.
- Alex Guira – He is an investment banker in private equity.
- Joe Geracy – He is the Co-head of markets at municipal-securities division.
- Kirk Myers – Myers is the founder and CEO of the Kirk Myers Fitness.
- Dennis Pena – He is the digital & social media head for the Kirk Myers Fitness. He also occasionally serves as Hugh Jackman’s driver.
- Nicky McGrane – He is Evolent Health’s CFO.
- Nigel Barker – He is a TV host as well as a Photographer.
- Conor Dwyer – He is a professional swimmer and has represented the US in Olympics.
Hugh Jackman Charity
Hugh Jackman makes regular donations to different charitable institutions. He’s a huge supporter of Microcredit. These are small loans for the entrepreneurs in the underprivileged nations. Hugh Jackman is also a global advisor of GPP, Global Poverty Project. He also supports Art of Elysium and the MPTV Fund Foundation. According to some reports he made a donation of $50,000 each to Operation of Hope and Charity Water in the year 2009.
Hugh Jackman Houses
The amazing Hugh Jackman net worth has allowed him to purchase a number of multi-million dollar properties around the world.
Hugh Jackman House in Sydney
Hugh Jackman owns a beautiful penthouse located near Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia. According to reports, the actor bought this luxurious residence for a huge $5.9 Million.
Hugh Jackman House in New York
Hugh Jackman net worth has enabled him to buy a $25 Million luxury 3-level condo in New York. The condo has 5 bedrooms and offers spectacular views of the Hudson River.
Hugh Jackman Cars
The Hollywood superstar is a big fan of supercars and he owns some of the best cars in the world. He has been seen driving around in Audi Q7. The actor also owns a Volkswagen Jetta. Hugh Jackman drove to the launch event of his movie ‘The Wolverine’, in a pretty cool Audi A8. These are just a few of the cars that Hugh Jackman drives. With the Hugh Jackman net worth in hundreds of millions of dollars and the actor owning properties around the world, we can be sure that he has his fair share of vehicles parked in his different properties around the world.
The huge Hugh Jackman net worth has made him one of the richest movie stars in the world. The actor is still quite in demand in the Hollywood and has also made some smart investments around the world. It is expected that his net worth will increase further in coming years.