Edward Norton Net Worth, Inheritance, Salary, Houses, Cars, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 8, 2018
Edward Norton was born on 18th August 1969 in Boston, Massachusetts. He spent most of his childhood in Columbia, Maryland with his family. His father was a Vietnam veteran and after service in the army, he became an environmental lawyer. Edward Norton performed in many theaters plays during his studies and won different awards as well for his acting skills. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History in 1991. After that, he worked in Japan. He then did some consulting work in Osaka, Japan for a company set up by his grandfather.
After that Edward Norton moved to the New York City in order to star in Off-Broadway theater. He did theater plays for a couple of years and made his film debut in 1996 with the movie Primal Fear. Edward Norton’s role in the movie was well received by the critics and audiences. The actor won a Golden Globe award for his role in the movie. Since then Edward Norton has appeared in a number of movies and has become a mainstream Hollywood actor.
Thanks to his successful movie career, Edward Norton has earned a lot of fame and wealth. Here are the details of Edward Norton Net Worth and how he made it.
Edward Norton Net Worth
The Net worth of Edward Norton is $70 Million. The renowned actor has been able to gather such a huge net worth thanks to his huge movie earnings. In addition, Edward Norton has also received a huge amount of money as an heir.
Edward Norton Net worth is made up of two things. Firstly, his own hard work and talent have helped him earn huge amounts of salaries in movies. And secondly, his inheritance got him a huge amount of money. The actor has used his huge wealth well and has invested in different properties.
Edward Norton Movies
Edward Norton has worked in a number of movies over his illustrious movie career. In order to give you a better idea of how Edward Norton net worth reached such an impressive level, here’s a brief look at the top ten movies that the actor has appeared in along with their year of release and total revenues earned:
- The Incredible Hulk – This superhero movie was released in the year 2008. Edward Norton played the role of the Hulk. It turned out to be the most successful movie of his career and it ended up earning $134,806,913.
- The Bourne Legacy – The Bourne Legacy was released in the year 2012 and the movie grossed a huge $113,203,870 on the box office.
- The Italian Job – This action thriller starring Edward Norton came out in 2003 and it earned an impressive $106,128,601.
- Sausage Party – This animated hit came out in the year 2016. Edward Norton did voice acting in the movie. The movie ended up earning a pretty good $96,776,399.
- Red Dragon – The movie was released in the year 2002 and it grossed an impressive $93,149,898 on the box office.
- The Score – The movie was released in the year 2001 and it earned $71,107,711.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel – Released in the year 2014, The Grand Budapest Hotel was another super hit movie with Edward Norton in it. The movie earned a total of $59,301,324.
- Primal Fear – The movie was released in the year 1996 and it grossed $56,116,183.
- Moonrise Kingdom – This 2012 movie made $45,512,466 during its time at the box office.
- Birdman – Released in the year 2014, Birdman earned $42,340,598.
Edward Norton Salary
Edward Norton net worth is primarily a result of his amazing movie earnings. The actor had started his movie career with decent earnings in his debut film Primal Fear. Since then the actor has gone on to become one of the highest paid actors in the world. He has regularly scored movies with a salary in millions of dollars. Here is how much salary Edward Norton has got in different movies:
- Primal Fear – Edward Norton’s salary in his debut film Primal Fear was $50,000.
- Fight Club – Edward Norton got paid $2.5 Million for his role in Fight Club.
- The Score – This 2001 movie featured Edward Norton and earned him $6.5 Million.
- Death to Smoochy – The movie came out in 2002 and the salary of Edward Norton in this movie was an impressive $8 Million.
- Red Dragon – It was another movie that came out in 2002 and in this movie, the salary of the actor was the same as that in Death to Smoochy i.e. $8 Million.
- 25th Hour – The salary of Edward Norton in this movie was $0.5 Million.
- The Italian Job – The earnings of Edward Norton from The Italian Job were $1 Million.
Edward Norton Inheritance
Edward Norton is one of those lucky celebrities who inherited a lot of money. Edward Norton inherited a huge amount of money from his grandfather James Rouse who was a renowned real estate developer. James Rouse is credited with developing the first modern-day shopping centers and he also created the city of Columbia in Maryland, United States. According to reports, Edward Norton inherited tens of millions of dollars from his grandfather’s businesses.
Edward Norton Houses
Edward Norton owns a $2.3 Million apartment in New York City. According to reports, the actor also owns a couple of houses in Malibu. He also owns a mansion in Hollywood Hills. Being a grandson of a renowned real estate developer and urban planner, Edward Norton surely knows a thing or two about houses.
Edward Norton Cars
You might be thinking that this multi-millionaire actor is just like other celebrities and he too would be owning all kinds of sports cars, luxury sedans, and SUVs. But this is not the case. Edward Norton is an environmentalist and he cares about the future of the planet. This is why the actor got the BMW Hydrogen fueled car known as Hydrogen 7 when it came out. The price of the car was $130,000. Edward Norton has some other cars as well, including Range Rover and Mercedes.
There are many people in the world who once inherit big amount of money, simply sit back and enjoy it for the rest of their lives. However, Edward Norton is not one of those people. Edward Norton net worth shows that you don’t have to simply rely on your inheritance and if you apply yourself properly you can double or triple your net worth. Edward Norton currently has a sound movie career and with continuing success, it is likely that Edward Norton net worth will grow further in coming years.