Dustin Hoffman Net Worth, Salary, Movies, House, Cars, and Many MorePosted By: John Wick | September 7, 2018
Dustin Hoffman Net Worth Details:
- Net Worth: $50 Million.
- Profession: Actor, Director.
- Nationality: American.
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Date of Birth: 8 August 1937.
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches (1.67 meters).
- Father: Harry Hoffman.
- Mother: Lillian Gold.
- Siblings: Ronald Hoffman.
- Marital Status: Married.
- Wife: Lisa Hoffman.
- Children: 6.
When we talk about the legendary actors of Hollywood, one of the names that instantly comes to mind is that of Dustin Hoffman. Born on 8th August 1937, Dustin Hoffman made his film debut in 1967. Before entering the film world, he was a stage actor and did a number of theater plays. Dustin Hoffman has been in the film industry for more than 4 decades and he has some of the most successful and iconic Hollywood movies to his credits. In the earlier days, he was a part of the movies like Kramer vs. Kramer, Rain Man, and Tootsie. And in the modern day Hollywood he has been a part of movies like Kung Fu Panda, Meet the Fockers, and Perfume – The Story of a Murderer. The amazing career of Dustin Hoffman has resulted in massive Dustin Hoffman net worth, the details of which are given below.
Dustin Hoffman Net Worth
The total net worth of Dustin Hoffman is $50 million. He has made this money from his highly successful Hollywood career that spans more than 4 decades.
Dustin Hoffman is one of those actors who can fit in any type of role and in any movie genre pretty well. He knows how to change his personality and style according to the role required. This is the reason why we see him in so many comedy flicks, romantic movies, as well as action thrillers. The successful Dustin Hoffman career has not only resulted in massive Dustin Hoffman net worth, it has also given the actor a lot of fame and many awards. Dustin Hoffman has been able to win 2 Academy Awards and he has got 5 Academy Award nominations. The actor was nominated for 13 Golden Globe Awards and has won 6 of them.
Dustin Hoffman Movies
Dustin Hoffman has had a highly successful movie career that spans over 4 decades. During his time as a professional actor, he has been a part of many highly successful movies. Following are the most successful movies of the career of Dustin Hoffman.
- Meet the Fockers – This comedy flick was released in 2004. Dustin Hoffman played the role of Bernie Focker in this movie. The movie was highly successful and had total earnings of more than $279 million.
- Kung Fu Panda – This animated comedy was released in 2008. As is evident by the name, the movie revolves around the life of a Panda who learns Kung Fu. Dustin Hoffman did voice-over acting for the character of Master Shifu which was one of the main characters in the movie. The total revenues from the movie were around $215 million.
- Tootsie – This movie was released in the year 1982. It did pretty good business at the box office and managed to earn more than $177 million during its time at the box office.
- Rain Man – Released in 1988, Rain Man was a drama film that featured Dustin Hoffman in the role of Raymond Babbitt. Tom Cruise was also a part of this movie. The total revenues from the movie were around $172 million.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 – This sequel of the Kung Fu Panda was released in 2011. Although it was not as successful at the box office as the first movie of the series, it still managed to earn an impressive $165 million.
- Little Fockers – This comedy flick was released in 2008. It did well with the audiences and made more than $148 million in revenues.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 – This was the third part of the Kung Fu Panda series. It came out in the year 2016 and it managed to earn $143 million during its time at the box office.
- Hook – This adventure action film was released in 1991. Dustin Hoffman played the lead character of Captain Hook in this movie. The total earnings from this movie were around $119 million.
- Kramer vs. Kramer – This drama family film brought in $106 million in revenues and it was one of the most successful movies of the year 1979.
- The Graduate – Released in 1967, The Graduate was one of the earliest movies of the career of Dustin Hoffman. This movie featured Dustin Hoffman in the lead role of Benjamin Braddock. The total earnings from the movie were around $104 million.
Some other successful movies that have contributed significantly towards Dustin Hoffman net worth include Outbreak (1995), Finding Neverland (2004), Midnight Cowboy (1969), Runaway Jury (2003), and Papillon (1973).
Dustin Hoffman Salary
One of the biggest questions that the fans of Dustin Hoffman often ask is that how much the actor earns for his role in a movie. Well, it varies from one movie to another. Dustin Hoffman has been in the industry since the 1960s and his salary has increased over the years. Here are the salary details of Dustin Hoffman in different movies.
- The Graduate – This was one of the earliest films of Dustin Hoffman. It was released in the year 1967. Dustin Hoffman was paid total remuneration of $17,000 for his role in this film.
- Papillon – The movie was released in 1973 and Dustin Hoffman earned $1.25 million from this movie.
- Kramer vs. Kramer – Released in 1979, Kramer vs Kramer was a drama film. Dustin Hoffman played the lead role of Ted Kramer in this film. Meryl Streep was also a part of this movie. She appeared in the role of Joanna Kramer. The salary of Dustin Hoffman in this movie was $2 million.
- Ishtar – The salary of Dustin Hoffman in this 1987 movie was around $6 million.
- Rain Man – Rain Man was a highly successful venture for Dustin Hoffman. The actor not only received a salary of $5.8 million for his role in this movie, he also received a percentage of the gross profit.
- Hook – The salary of Dustin Hoffman in this 1991 flick was $2 million.
Dustin Hoffman House
Dustin Hoffman not only has several properties in the US, he also has a few in other parts of the world. He has a beautiful house on the Victoria Road in London. The estimated value of his London house is more than $7 million. Other than that, Dustin Hoffman has a house in Connecticut, a luxury apartment in the New York City, a luxurious house in Los Angeles, and a wonderful house in Malibu.
Dustin Hoffman Cars
Dustin Hoffman has a special love for luxury vehicles. And the impressive Dustin Hoffman net worth has allowed the actor to be able to own several of such vehicles. Recently he was seen driving around in a Porsche convertible that has a price tag of more than $150,000. Other than the Porsche, the actor also owns a Tesla.